Sexual Child Abuse
Child abuse needs to stop and education is the key.
The following free resources are essential to driving change and
are made possible through your contributions. Thank you.
Sexual CHILD Abuse Statistics
The statistics of sexual child abuse show that it is a severe issue in the United States.
- 1 in 4 girls and 1 in 6 boys will be sexually abused before they turn 18 years old.
- Over 65,000 children were sexually abused in 2016.
- 8.6 % of reported child abuse cases were sexual abuse.
- 34% of people who sexually abuse a child are family members.
- 12.3% of girls were age 10 or younger at the time of their first rape/victimization, and 30% of girls were between the ages of 11 and 17.
- 27.8% of boys were age 10 or younger at the time of their first rape/victimization.
- 96% of people who sexually abuse children are male, and 76.8% of people who sexually abuse children are adults.
- 325,000 children are at risk of becoming victims of commercial child sexual exploitation each year.
- Caregiver alcohol or drug abuse is a child abuse risk factor putting kids at much higher risk for being abused.
- The average age at which girls first become victims of prostitution is 12 to 14 years old, and the average age for boys is 11 to 13 years old.
Assault Online Hotline
The abuse may be brief, but the trauma lasts a lifetime.
Kids' lives and futures are on the line!
Be the voice against neglect and contribute to end child maltreatment today.