GET HELP & SUPPORT - FOSTER CARE & ADOPTION
What happens to kids during childhood shapes who they become as adults. Today we say #ItsTime to change the way we represent, treat, and protect our children in America. All kids deserve a good chance at life! It starts in childhood.
Click for References & Sources
Lifelong Impact of Adoption. https://www.childwelfare.gov/
Impact of Adoption on Adopted Persons. https://www.
childwelfare.gov/pubPDFs/f_ adimpact.pdf#page=1&view= Introduction
- The Impact of Placement Stability on Behavioral Well-being for Children in Foster Care. David M. Rubin, Amanda L.R. O’Reilly, Xianqun Luan, A. Russell Localio. http://pediatrics.aappublications.org/content/119/2/336.short
- US National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health, The Physical & Mental Health of Children in Foster Care. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3684722/
- Child Welfare Information Gateway. Supporting Youth Transitioning Out of Foster Care. https://www.acf.hhs.gov/sites/default/file/opre/chafee_education_brief_final_to_opre_012015.pdf
- Institute for Research on Poverty. What We Know About the Effects of Foster Care. Retrieved From: https://www.irp.wisc.edu/publications/focus/pdfs/foc142g.pdf
- Adoption and the effect on children’s development, Dana E.Johnson. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0378378202000178
- Adoption and Foster Care Analysis and Reporting System #24 | October 2017
- Child Welfare Outcomes 2009-2012 Report to Congress