Home Forums Positive Parenting Discussion What are some good rewards besides toys or food?

To post to the discussion forums, please create an account or log in.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  tmcmechen 9 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

tmcmechen

Hi, Everyone.
    I’m looking for ideas for positive reinforcements for our six year old. I’d like to find some ideas for rewards besides snacks or toys. What ideas do you have for something easy?

CaliDad770
    Participant

Hi! We use a reward chart with reward stickers for our 7 year old. She loves it because every time she earns 10 stickers in one week, she gets to pick out a fun activity for Saturday morning. But honestly, we have found that simple praise and big hugs work best!

twinmom44
    Participant

An easy one for one of my children was an extra 30 minutes past bedtime for good behavior. It’s free and easy to manage, and was a great motivator.

tmcmechen

These are GREAT ideas! Thank you so much for all of your help! I also saw an idea online to reward them with little cards that are for activities like playing a board game or movie night. Kids can “cash them in” whenever they want.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.