Home Forums Positive Parenting Discussion Walking in on "Adult Time"

To post to the discussion forums, please create an account or log in.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  CountlessHours 2 weeks, 6 days ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

BBKisses81
    Participant

So I have a question for a friend of mine who is a relatively new parent. Her four-year-old daughter who was napping at the time woke up and she didn’t know. Her and her husband were in the bedroom having “adult time” and their daughter walked in on them. She is not sure how to handle it with her. Her daughter seemed frightened and confused by what she saw and she said she has been mostly quiet for the last few days. Any advice?

StuFury
    Participant

My sister had this happen to her last year. I thought it was funny at the time but I didn’t realize children can get scared from seeing two adults having sex. I remember she said that she told her daughter that she and her boyfriend were showing each other how much they love and care for one another and it is something adults do. No one was getting hurt and it is something you will learn about a long long time from now. Then she taught her to knock on the door first.

To me, the best thing your friend can do from here on out is getting a lock for the bedroom door and just lock it when they want to have alone time.

MarleenSpeaksUp
    Participant

Oh my goodness that would be so embarrassing! I have never heard this happening to anyone I know but I can see how easily that could happen.It’s still way to early to talk about the birds and the bees.

CountlessHours
    Participant

It’s definitely something embarassing and potentialy dangerous for kids, if they’re slightly older try and explain to them in very loose terms what was happening.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.