Home Forums American SPCC General Discussion Is there such a thing as naturally agressive?

To post to the discussion forums, please create an account or log in.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Kari 6 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Kari
    Participant

I was always under the assumption that behavioral traits are mostly based on upbringing. But My neighbor is the nicest lady and very loving towards her children, but her newest child is very aggressive, demanding and overall a spoilt brat.

How would one go around correcting such things when the child is extremely stubborn?

CountlessHours
    Participant

It is my belief that yes, sometimes some kids are just more aggressive and it is in their nature. But it can also be toned down and brought to light how such behavior can be wrong, this won’t stop the kid from being that way but it might help them control it.

MommaBear
    Participant

This may be something your neighbor would want to talk with the pediatrician about. Perhaps the behavior is a manifestation of ADHD or some other health issue? Maybe the child isn’t a brat but instead has health issues that haven’t been uncovered yet.

Kari
    Participant

Aggression is a trait that can be found in people no matter how they are brought up. However it’s effects can definitely be negated by good parenting.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.