Home Forums Positive Parenting Discussion How can we help new parents cope with stress of being a parent?

To post to the discussion forums, please create an account or log in.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  tmcmechen 7 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Lwaubuchon
    Participant

My wife works at a hospital that has a children’s hospital as well. I hear of the horrible abuse cases and it sickens me to think anyone could be so cruel to a child/baby. There must be a way to give new parents resources so that they can get help before they do something irreversible to an innocent child. Any suggestions on how I can possibly make that happen?

tmcmechen

Hi! Thanks for your note. We do have a few ideas that might help. First, we have recently created pocket resource cards that list national hotlines where struggling families can turn for help. One of the hotlines is the “Crying Baby Hotline,” and that number is 1-866-243-2229. We would be happy to send a stack of these cards, or print customized cards for new parents, to your wife’s hospital. Also, the Nurse Family Partnership has a great program for first-time parents. You can check out their website here: https://www.nursefamilypartnership.org/. Zero to Three also has some great information for new parents. Their website is here- https://www.zerotothree.org/

At American SPCC, we are open to new ideas about how to help parents who may be struggling. Please let us know if the hospital might want to partner with us on educational initiatives.

Lwaubuchon
    Participant

The information you gave is awesome! Yes I would like to have a stack of cards to distribute at the hospital. I will check out the other links you sent me as well.
    It is so very bothersome and disturbing the things people are capable of doing to little children. I am looking to nip it in the bud before it comes to a child being abused. I know I can’t make it all go away but if I can help at least one person, then I feel like I am accomplishing something. And then hopefully that person can help another person and so on. That’s my hope anyway. Until then I will do all I am capable of to help in this fight!

tmcmechen

You are doing a wonderful thing…if we can save even one child from abuse, all of this will be worth it! Please send me your address via email- tina@americanspcc.org, and I’ll ship you a stack of cards ASAP.

Thanks again for contacting us, and please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.