Home Forums Bullying & Cyberbullying Discussion Bullying at home

To post to the discussion forums, please create an account or log in.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Kari 8 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Melanie S
    Participant

Hi! We all think about bullying being ANOTHER kid, but what should I do if I feel one of my kids is bullying the other? I know that sibling rivalry is a “thing,” but how far can it go before it is hurtful? My kids are only 13 months apart, and so they have always been close. However, it seems like they are picking on each other alot lately, and I’m not sure of the best way to handle it. Thanks for your advice!

ConcernedParent
    Participant

I found this article helpful. “Our child had incredibly low self-esteem. Bullying gave him power and control over something. He told us that it was nice being known as ‘the worst kid in school,’ rather than not being noticed at all.”

My Child Is a Bully: What Should I Do?

sudugujubee
    Participant

I think sibling fights are all good so as it does not go too far as to make one child feel they are treated un fairly. Have a sit down with the bully and ask him/her why they treat their sibling like that and what they did to them. Try and talk them through it and talk about how they are the older one and need to look out for their sibling to protect them from other people.

CountlessHours
    Participant

The rivalry is fine but try not to let it get physical. Your kids need to understand that no matter how much they annoy each other that and the end of the day family is important and always has each others backs.

Kari
    Participant

It’s pretty natural. There is a lot of love to be found in sibling fights. Only your siblings can annoy you that much!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.