Home Forums American SPCC General Discussion Back to school tips

To post to the discussion forums, please create an account or log in.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  MarleenSpeaksUp 6 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

MommaBear
    Participant

Hi! So, we are in full swing “get ready for school” mode. The kids have had their wellness visits (including shots…ugh!), and we have purchased school supplies. What am I missing? Is there anything else we should do to make sure the kids are ready for school? I was thinking that I would start our bedtime/wake time regimen next week to help them adjust after the free for all it’s been all summer! What other tips do you have that will help back to school be as smooth as possible?

MarleenSpeaksUp
    Participant

Slowly getting back into the routine is a great idea! I know our routine has been thrown WAY OFF. I have started talking to my 6 year old a lot about going back to school and getting him excited for his new classroom and new teacher. So it won’t be such a shock the day he does goes back. I think I will drive him for the first week or so because getting on the bus is a big step to swallow on the first day back to school. It will be his first year riding the bus.

sudugujubee
    Participant

I’m not sure how you’ve kept your kids this summer, but if you haven’t been making them study or do homework then definitely slowly start introducing “study” hours back into their schedule. Start with half an hour and slowly bump to an hour, where the kids stop all activities and only concentrate on their Homework or studying for tests etc.

CountlessHours
    Participant

Back to waking early and generally getting used to the routine. If you want your kids to nap in the afternoon after school, then start getting them used to it now. Controlling their sleep schedule is extremely important else they will be tired when school returns.

Kari
    Participant

I made my kids love Back to school shopping, which inadvertently love going back to school.

MarleenSpeaksUp
    Participant

Just curious how everyone is making out with back to school? My little one has been crying every morning when we say good bye (he is 5) and I wondering if anyone has any tips to make it easier for him?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.